I just loved this DIY project that Jeanne Benedict had on her blog. It is simple and classic. Easy to change the words for any occasion.
1. Prep a large glass cylinder by making a Scotch tape "net" at the top opening to hold floral foam. Attach a piece of tape, sticky side down so the tape ends adhere to the rim, and extend it across the opening to the other side; adhere end to that side of the rim. Repeat the process in a grid pattern making sure that the tape strips are long enough that they sag a bit so they can hold a piece of floral foam.
2. Soak a floral foam disk sized to @1-inch thick by the diameter of your vase opening to fit inside the top. Set the floral foam into the tape net.
3. Put a few pieces of double-sided tape on the outside of the vase at the top and bottom to hold the ribbon in place. Wrap black grosgrain ribbon around the top and bottom of the vase.
4. Attach rhinestone letter stickers on the middle of the vase to spell "LOVE" or whatever you like. (I purchased the stickers at Michael's Arts and Crafts Store.)
5. Use a pitcher or spouted vessel to pour water into the vase.
6. Cut red rose stems to 1-inch lengths and insert them into the floral foam. Voila!