A significant overhaul is worth the cost and time with results like these. Here, designer Nancy Fishelson's tiny stoop was reborn as a wooden deck that spans the front of the house, expanding her outdoor living space.
Altering the direction of the stairs to the side – a dramatic structural change – makes for a grander entrance that also adds privacy. The lush foliage further softens the look, while a fresh coat of white paint unites the new porch with the house. WOW!
This is a little bit of a different version of the typical friendship bracelet, but these were to lovely to pass up. ASU student/designer Ayofemiweaves cotton and chain and finishes each bracelet with a gold plated feather:
Bright colors and simple lines. Ayofemi’s line of jewelry is absolutely adorable.
I consider these basics a great start to build your Fall collection of essentials
1. Flat boots: very versatile as you can wear with skinny jeans, leggings, skirts or dresses.
2. Layered Necklace: more is better in this situation, so I suggest a few pieces.
3. Clutch: one that is a carry-all so when you don’t feel like lugging around your big handbag this is an easy transition.
4. Printed belt: adds to any outfit you have regardless of color.
5. Link bracelet: classic but edgy that would look fabulous by itself or stacked with others.
6. Watch: I have the oversized gold version so if that’s not your style any watch that can be worn with a blazer, sweater or leather jacket is key.
7. Tote bag: nothing is better when you have a bag big enough to carry all your belongings especially for those long days. Very chic.
8. Chandelier earrings: the elongated length makes for a better look whether it’s casual or not.
9. Scarf: my ultimate favorite accessory. Any kind, color and length is a yes for me!
Black doors are classic and elegant whether they are on the front door or inside the house. Picking just the right black is just as hard as picking the right white. The white contrast really makes the black pop!
I have been looking for a few new salads to make and this one seems to have all my favorite veggies! I discovered it on the Authentic Suburban Gourmet blog via Pinterest. Can't wait to try it!
"Avacado and Grilled Corn Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette"
5 Ears Corn, husk removed, brush with olive oil and grilled, remove corn with sharp knife
2 Avocado’s, diced and sprinkled with lemon juice to prevent browning
2 C. Tomatoes, red and yellow cherry variety or equivalent
1 Small red onion, finely diced
¾ C. Feta, crumbled
1 ½ C. English cucumber, skin on and chopped small dice
Add to a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
6 T. Olive oil
2 T. Sherry vinegar
1 t. Garlic powder
2 T. Fresh cilantro, minced
½ t. Salt
10 Grinds of fresh ground pepper
Add all of the above ingredients in a small glass jar with a lid. Shake really well. Taste and adjust seasoning as you desire.
When ready to serve salad, add the dressing and gently toss.
I discovered this lovely Etsy shop by Marsha Lezhen called DelezhenCharmed while searching through Pinterest. This is her 3rd Etsy shop and she loves working with natural gemstones, 18 K. vermeil, and Sterling Silver. In this particular shop you will find earrings, necklaces and personalized necklaces. They are just beautiful!
I have become a huge fan of Amanda Talley's art and wanted to share some of my favorites with you. They are strong, statement pieces and very unique. Amanda Stone Talley works from her studio at 1382 Magazine Street at Terpsichore in New Orleans’ Lower Garden District. Visit her website for many more pieces. Hope to own her art one day!
I has been a little over 2 months since I blogged last and I hope to get more consistent and continue with this great love. On my break I've been taking real estate classes in Texas, passed the Texas real estate test, prepared our son for his junior year of college and our youngest son for his senior year in high school. We have survived one of the hottest summers on record in Dallas, Texas and took a much needed vacation to Orange County California. We've enjoyed weekend trips to Oklahoma to see our newlywed daughter and tried to play a little tennis. Because I love the coastal feel of homes and now that I am a real estate agent I decided to begin this week with an amazing home we saw on our vacation in Corona Del Mar, California.
This 3 bedroom home is approximately 3,000 square feet and steps to the beach. The town itself is so quaint and offers great shopping, family activities and beautiful weather. For more information and photos go here.