Tuesday, November 24, 2009

DIY - Create a Vintage, Dirty, Candle




I went to a wonderful home show recently, hosted by Tattered Bliss and found several great things.  One thing caught my eye were their great looking candles.  They looked like they were old, dirty, and aged.  When I asked where she bought them, she told me they made them!  I was assuming it was very difficult, and after hearing the secret recipe, I thought I'd give it a try.  We had almost everything in the garage that I needed except the "sponge brush".





  • Start with an inexpensive, white or cream candle.
  • Get sponge brush, and medium to dark brown wood stain.  Brush the stain on the candle and dab or wipe with an old rag.  Remove as much or as little as you like of the stain.
  • Let the stain dry and you are done.  That simple.  :)  


1 comment:

  1. great idea and such a money saver. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving:)

    ReplyDelete